Training Business Analysis for Product Owners
Not all agile projects have the defined role of business analyst, but all agile projects do practice business analysis. In the agile world, software requirements are developed through continuous exploration of the business need. Requirements are elicited and refined through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing, and reviewing the results. Throughout the iterative planning and analysis of requirements, business analysis practitioners must constantly ensure that the features requested by the users align with the product's business goals, especially as the business goals evolve and change over time.
The techniques of business analysis do not change dramatically in the agile environment. However, the timing and how they are used do change. Artifacts such as personas, data models, use cases, story maps, and business rules continue to be employed, but are kept as lightweight as possible.
This module focuses on Business Analysis skills needed for product owners. During this training participants will be presented the responsibilities, activities and tasks of the Business Analyst that are related to the work of the product owner. They will learn how to incorporate these in the Agile Scrum process. Several Best Practices in Business Analysis will be discussed in depth.
This training is suitable for:
- Product Owners who work in complex projects where business analysis is needed to keep overview
- Business Analysts who want to learn about working in an Agile setting
After finishing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply several Business Analysis techniques
- Describe how these techniques are related to their role as Product Owner;
- Know when to apply these practices in the development process;
- Have guidelines for performing Business Analysis in Agile projects;
- Know when to appoint a dedicated Business Analyst in the project.
The following subjects will be discussed and worked on:
- Context and Tooling
- Definition of Business Analysis
- Position of Business Analysis within the Agile Scrum process
- Relation of Business Analysis with the Product Owner role
- Business Analysis techniques
- Feasibility Analysis
- Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- RACI Matrix
- Root Cause Analysis
- Stakeholder Map
- SWOT Analysis
- Business Analysis done Agile
- Guidelines for Agile Business Analysis
- Information radiators to use with Business Analysis
- Business Analysis in the lifetime of an Epic
- Mapping Business Analysis techniques on Agile process
2 days from 09:30 till 17:00 hours
- Product Owner training
- Scrum Master training
- Business Analyst
All materials will be available in English.
- Reference Materials
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts