Training Project Management for Product Owners
Agile Scrum describes what a Product Owner should do, but hardly touches on the aspect on how a Product Owner could do his or her work. The role of Product Owner has several similarities with the role of a Project Manager. Learning the practices of a project manager that relate to product ownership will give you the right skills to perform your job.
In this training you will learn about best practices, models and techniques used by project managers that have proven valuable to Product Owners. As a participant you will be presented the responsibilities, activities and tasks of the Project Manager that are useful in your own area. You will learn several useful practices. You will learn how to place these practices in the Agile Scrum process.
This training is suitable for
- Product Owners who work in complex projects who need in depth knowledge about managing the product
- Project Managers who want to extend their work to Agile Product Development
After finishing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply several Project Management techniques
- Describe how these techniques are related to their role as Product Owner;
- Know when to apply these practices in the development process;
- Know how to work together with a dedicated Project Manager.
The following subjects will be discussed and worked on:
- Context and Tooling
- Definition of Project Management
- Information radiators to use with Project Management
- Position of Project Management within the Agile Scrum process
- Relation of Project Management with the Product Owner role
- Project Management techniques
- Planning and Financial Management
- Contract Management
- Risk Management
- Client Management
- Supplier Management
- Communication Management
- Third party management
- Project Management done Agile
- Guidelines for Agile Project Management
Duration:2 days from 09:30 till 17:00 hours
All materials will be available in English.
- Reference Materials
- Product Owners
- Project Managers