Training Product Management for Product Owners
Agile Scrum describes what a Product Owner should do, but hardly touches on the aspect on how a Product Owner could do his or her work. The role of Product Owner has several similarities with the role of a Product Management in other lines of business.
In this training you will learn about best practices, models and techniques used by product managers that have proven valuable to Product Owners. As a participant you will be presented the responsibilities, activities and tasks of the Product Manager that are useful in your own area. You will learn several useful practices. You will learn how to place these practices in the Agile Scrum process.
This training is suitable for:
- Product Owners who work in complex projects who need in depth knowledge about managing the product
- Product Managers who want to extend their work to Agile Product Development
After finishing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply several Product Management techniques
- Describe how these techniques are related to their role as Product Owner;
- Know when to apply these practices in the development process;
- Know how to work together with a dedicated Product Manager.
The following subjects will be discussed and worked on:
- Context and Tooling
- Definition of Product Management
- Position of Product Management within the Agile Scrum process
- Relation of Product Management with the Product Owner role
- Product Management techniques
- Understand the market - 5 forces
- Creating a product roadmap
- Creating a business case
- Pricing strategies
- Getting business case approved
- Managing and preparing for scope changes
- Formulating launch plans
- Executing launch plans
- Product Management done Agile
- Information radiators to use with Product Management
- Guidelines for Agile Product Management
Duration:2 days from 09:30 till 17:00 hours
All materials will be available in English.
- Reference Materials
- Product Owners
- Project Managers